Form an LLC

To form an LLC follow the following 5 steps:
  1. Name your LLC
  2. Registered Agent - only some states need this.
  3. Certificate of Formation
  4. Operating Agreement
  5. Obtain an EIN

Name your LLC

This is the first and most important step in starting your LLC. Do some research to make sure the name you choose is suited to your business venture and is easily searchable by potential clients.

  • Follow the naming guidelines: Your entity name must contain the words Limited Liability Company or the abbreviation L.L.C. or LLC. Restricted words(e.g. Bank, Attorney, University) require additional paperwork and may require a licensed individual, such as a doctor or lawyer, to be part of the LLC. Prohibited words are those that would confuse the name of your LLC with a federal or state agency (e.g. FBI, Secret Service, Treasury etc.)

  • Is the name available in your state? Make sure the name isn't already taken by registering for a free account with your states Secretary of State and doing a name search.

Registered Agent

What is a Registered Agent? A registered agent is a person or business that agrees to send and receive legal papers on behalf of your LLC. Such papers include service of process of legal action (if you are sued) and state filings.

Who can be a Registered Agent? A Registered Agent must be a resident of there state or a Company authorized to transact business in there state. You may also elect an individual in the company including yourself, but an LLC cannot be its own Registered Agent.

A Registered Agent must consent to Appointment in written on electronic form.The Language to be used in the consent is found in the Acceptance of Consent form 401-A. The consent does not have to filed with the secretary of state.

Certificate of Formation

To register your LLC, you will need to file the Certificate of Formation with your state.  When filing the Certificate of Formation in your state you will need to decide if your LLC will be member managed or manager managed.

Operating Agreement

What is an Operating Agreement? An operating agreement is a legal document outlining the ownership and operating procedures of your LLC.

Obtain An EIN

What is an EIN? The Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Federal Tax Identification Number, is used to identify a business entity. It is essentially a social security number for the company.

Why do I need an EIN? An EIN is required when filing state and federal taxes. In addition, banks may require an EIN to open a business checking account.

Where do I get an EIN? An EIN is obtained from the IRS by the business owner after forming the company. 


ACW Transport LLC can file the LLC and EIN for you for $500.  If you want us to file for you please fill out the form below and then call Christine at 563-639 8016.  We now accept PayPal payments.  Click on the icon above.
The name of the Business is:
If registered agent is a company please list the name of the company?
Will your LLC have managers or no mangers
Registered Agent person address (street, city, state, zip)
If registered Agent is person please list First, MI, Last name of person
Governing person 1 (First, MI, Last Name)
Governing Person 1 Address (street, city, state, zip)
Governing Person 2 Address (street, city, state, zip)
Governing person 3 (First, MI, Last Name
Governing Person 3 Address (street, city, state, zip)
Any supplemental provisions / information?
Your Name
Your business Address (street, city, state, zip)
Your phone number
Social Security Number
Email address
Will registered agent be a company or person?
Executor, administrator, trustee, "care of" name
Name of responsible party
How many LLC members are there?
Will you be a multi-member or single member LLC?
Is this a new start up business?
Date business started
Closing month of accounting year
Highest number of employees expected to be hire in next 12 months
Have you ever applied for an EIN?
Call Christine at 563 639 8016 when you submit form to talk to Christine about your needs and to submit your payment.